flatbed scanners for Microtek

AileenMcGibbon
Visitor

?customize film table?

Postby AileenMcGibbon » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:00 pm

I purchased a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL last month for the purpose of digitally archiving rare and important slides and prints in detail.

I am currently in the process of scanning some negatives which, although the negatives themselves are perfectly exposed, are scanning in too light. I could fix this by changing the black and white points, however, what I want to adjust how the negative is scanned rather than scan the image and then have the scanning software apply a filter. Also, I have already recalibrated the scanner.

With this in mind can anyone tell me whether or not the ?customize film table? option in Microtek ScanWizard Pro V7.01 actually affects how an image is scanned (amount of light used/length of time of scan) or is it simply a filter that is applied after an image has been scanned?

Thanks,
Aileen.

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:56 pm

Hello Aileen,

I'm not familiar with that software. I think you might have better luck on a Microtek forum.

I can tell you that if you are using SilverFast you can create and save settings for doing a batch of similarly exposed slides. If you are doing archiving, about the only thing you'll want to adjust is the Histogram.

Sorry I can't help with ScanWizard Pro. :(
Member in good standing - NAPP
A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

PM
SilverFast Beginner

customize film table?

Postby PM » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:50 am

Hi Aileen!

> are scanning in too light

Why don?t you simply adjust the gamma settings?

CU

PM

AileenMcGibbon
Visitor

Postby AileenMcGibbon » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:45 am

Thanks for the advice.

As it turns out I was given a copy of SilverFast Ai with my scanner but my colleague had dismissed it as 'bumf'. So I'm working with that now.

:D

Return to “Microtek”