'cannot calibrate scanner' Again! - Artix1100

flatbed scanners for Microtek

alexkent
Visitor

'cannot calibrate scanner' Again! - Artix1100

Postby alexkent » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:34 pm

hey,
i think i'm in scanner driver hell.

we are finally upgrading our mac digital imaging suite (12 workstations) to 10.2 (i tried to do this one year ago, see my post re: artix1100 support under 10.2 from aug2002, but was unable due to hardware support, our scsi cdrws also didn't work). but now we are set on 10.2 and so i must make things work.

Half our machines have mircotek ScanMaker 4's, these work great with SF6 under 10.2 thanks.

The other half of the machines have Artixscan 1100's. which continually give 'Error in start scan: Cannot calibrate scanner' when trying to preview. This always happens after switching from reflective media to transparency or back again, and often happens at startup. Simply ignoring the error and hitting preview again does improve things. I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with the setups as sometimes preview works fine and when it does the final scan is great.

(i having been testing using SF6.0.2r42 and SF6.1.0r1)
the scanners are directly connected to adaptec2930 cards in g4dual450 machines each with 512ram.

last year under os9 i ended up going back to SF5.2 (even though we have paid the upgrade fee for 6) because it was the only release i could find which didn't always give start scan errors.

are there any versions of SF6 which are known to work well with this scanner ?
is there any way i can download (any / all) previous releases of SF6 to try them out?

as it says in your FAQ it appears to be a timing issue, the software isn't waiting long enough for the scanner to sort itself out. please could you investigate this. please.

any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
alex kent.

LSI_Belli
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Belli » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:47 pm

We will try to duplicate the problem with the info given to our support team, and if necessary, address this issue asap.

Thomas

alexkent
Visitor

Postby alexkent » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:49 pm

thanks for the swift response.
apologies, i think i sounded a bit crazy in the first post.
i'll get back to you with the firmware version as soon as i'm near the scanner.

Return to “Microtek”