Silverfast 8.8.0r8

Problems with installing SilverFast

Dogwalker
Visitor
Scanner: Epson Perfection V750 pro
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Silverfast 8.8.0r8

Postby Dogwalker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Having received notification today of this new release I checked its suitability for my system (Windows 10/Epson V750) and downloaded it, which took some considerable time. When I ran the download I got the message that the update does not support my operating system. There is something wrong surely? The download page clearly states that this upgrade is for Windows 10. Any suggestions?

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Silverfast 8.8.0r8

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Dear user,

Are you using a Windows 10 64 Bit system?
SilverFast 8.8 requires a 64 Bit operating system and could not be installed on a 32 bit system.

There could also be a warning message that the file has not been downloaded very often. But that can be ignored.

Kind regards,
Arne

galearl
Visitor
Scanner: Epson V700
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby galearl » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:33 am

I installed the latest Silverfast Ai8 update V8.8.Or8 and when I try to prescan slides nothing comes up with the old version I would see the 12 images. If I turn the iSRD off the 12 images appear. If I scan any of the 12 images with the iSRD on none of the scanned images are saved to the folder in the path field. If I scan them with the iSRD turned off they are saved in the nominated folder. There seems to be a problem with scanning with the iSRD turned on. I am using a 64bit laptop and did not have these problems with the previous version. How can I change the current version to the old version so I am able to scan slides until this problem is fixed.

Thanks
Robyn

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 am

Dear Robyn,

What kind of film emulsion are you scanning? Is it maybe a very dense emulsion like Kodachrome?
That can prevent the scanner's infrared channel from penetrating the emulsion which can cause issues when trying to calculate the corrections.

Kind regards,
Arne

MatthiasBD
Visitor
Scanner: Epson Perfection V800 Photo
SilverFast Product: SE

Postby MatthiasBD » Mon May 15, 2017 12:11 pm

I seem to have the exact same problem as Robyn. I am using SIlverfast SE 8.8.0r8, and there are problems with iSRD and getting prescans to show up, regardless of the type of image (prescan appears if iSRD is turned off). "Automatic Image Optimization" changes also have no visible effect on the preview while iSRD is active. The iSRD function just doesn't seem to work, and the scan is not saved to disc at all when iSRD is turned on. Did you find a solution to this? It worked fine for me on older versions.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 am

Dear user,

Have you tried resetting SilverFast through the welcome screen's service dialog?
If not please try that.
In case it does not help please contact us through the Help menu's "Request online support" entry.

Kind regards,
Arne

Return to “Installation Problems”