PaulM
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek OpticFilm 7300
SilverFast Product: SE
SilverFast Version: 6.5

Plustek 7300 & Silverfast 6.6 on Windows 10 64-bit

Postby PaulM » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble reinstalling my Plustek OpticFilm 7300 on Windows 10 64-bit. Hopefully I can get some help on this.
I have been using this scanner, with the supplied Silverfast 6.5, on a Windows 7 64-bit machine without problems. With the right drivers as explained elsewhere on this forum, it worked fine. Some time ago I upgraded to Windows 10 (again 64-bit) via the built-in updater, so all software installations remained. The scanner continued to work fortunately, although SF 6.x is not officially supported under Windows 10. Now recently we had to do a full fresh install of the system, and I cannot get the scanner to work again.

I have installed the 3.2.0.0 driver first, and subsequently SF 6.6.2r5. Both installations I installed with Windows XP SP3 compatibility to force a 32-bit installation. The driver installation of course notes that no Silverfast installation was found. The SF installation shows no errors that no driver was found, though it does not recognise the scanner. Interestingly, it did show a "driver not found" error when I didn't install in compatibility mode. So this indicates that, installing in compatibility mode, Silverfast did find the driver. Yet, when I start the software it won't recognise the scanner.
I know Silverfast 6.x is not officially supported on Windows 10 anymore, but obviously it has worked and should work again. Before I rush into upgrading Silverfast, does anyone have an idea how to get this working? Thanks!

PaulM
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek OpticFilm 7300
SilverFast Product: SE
SilverFast Version: 6.5

Re: Plustek 7300 & Silverfast 6.6 on Windows 10 64-bit

Postby PaulM » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:37 am

No suggestions for this?

I also consider upgrading to Silverfast 8, if I know this solves the issue.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Plustek 7300 & Silverfast 6.6 on Windows 10 64-bit

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:16 am

Dear user,

Upgrading to SilverFast 8 is the only valid solution we can offer. You can test our demo first to make sure the scanner works correctly. Also make sure you install the latest 64 Bit drivers from the Plustek site for version 8.

Kind regards,
Arne

Return to “Installation Problems”