error opening file for writing C/windows/system32/libeay.dll

Problems with installing SilverFast

capinhand
Visitor

error opening file for writing C/windows/system32/libeay.dll

Postby capinhand » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Just received my canon 8800f which came with a copy of Silverfast SE. The install sequence comes to a halt and the following error report is given:

"error opening file for writing c/windows/system32/libeay.dll"

I click retry a couple of times with the same results, clicking ignore allows the installation to be completed. When I try to run the program I get the following error:

"could not complete the import command because of a problem with the acquisition module interface"

After which the program ends.

I downloaded the latest version with the same results. The supplied Canon software works ok. I'm installing on a XP professional powered pc.

Any ideas?

By the way the captcha images on this forum are ridiculously hard to decipher, even with the help of my wife and eagle eyed son it took over ten attempts to get it right.

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 am

Dear capinhand

that file is used for providing some internet options (enabling an easy check for an update, automatical download of an IT8 reference file, etc.).

It is not a file that only SilverFast uses, so the error message means that you run some other software which accessess this file while you're updating SilverFast. Shutting down that application will remedy the issue, but a relatively safe guess is that you probably can just ignore the "error" and continue the installation.

I am sorry for the captchas, but even these can meanwhile be read by a few so-called "bots" that are looking for forums to bloat with spam.
We had to introduce them after bots became the greatest group of forum "users"...

Best regards
Sonny Noack
Director Support & Software Testing
Master-Making
- LaserSoft Imaging AG -

capinhand
Visitor

Postby capinhand » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:31 am

But when I try to run Silverfast through Elements 5 I get the

"could not complete the import command because of a problem with the acquisition module interface"

If I try and run the program directly I get SF universal launcher.exe has encountered a problem error box, report to microsoft etc. Again the Canon software is ok.

About the captcha images; I run a a forums area of similar traffic flow to this one and I use a simple routine of asking a new registrant to add 4 and 4 together, this has stopped spamming stone dead.

capinhand
Visitor

Postby capinhand » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:21 am

Still no reply, am I the only one having trouble with Silverfast running on XP????

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi

could you please try resetting your Preference files.
https://www.silverfast.com/problemreport ... &faq_id=59
if this does not help you, please follow the help files the support assistant offers.
If the assistant can not help, you will be offered to send us an service request containing further information (Serial number, scanner type, etc)
I need those informations to further troubleshoot your problem.

Return to “Installation Problems”