'There was a problem starting your scanner please make sure your drivers are installed correctly.'

Problems with installing SilverFast

jirwandi
Visitor
Scanner: Epson Perfection V800 Photo
SilverFast Product: SE

'There was a problem starting your scanner please make sure your drivers are installed correctly.'

Postby jirwandi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:28 am

I just recently bought an Epson Perfection V800 Photo scanner. It comes with Silverfast 8. Long story cut short, after installing the scanner and the softwares, when launching Silverfast 8, I got this message: 'There was a problem starting your scanner please make sure your drivers are installed correctly.'

There was similar problem a few years ago, and I've done as instructed then. I've installed all the Epson softwares (scan utilities). But still it doesn't seem to work. I have a Mac running at OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

Please let me know what I should do so I can sync the scanner and Silverfast 8 together. It worked fine with Epson Scan.

Thank you.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: 'There was a problem starting your scanner please make sure your drivers are installed correctly.'

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Dear user,

We had several reports about some EPSON tools not closing correctly. These then block access to the scanner.
You can check and solve this through the OS X activity monitor's list of active tasks.
Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor -> Memory tab

Look for active EPSON tasks especially the EPSON Scanner Monitor or EPSON Scanner Manager.
Mark and close them using the quit button above the task list.
Now SilverFast should be able to access the scanner.

Alternatively you can use the Epson uninstaller to remove the ICA (image capture) extension, and/or the Epson Scanner monitor from the system.
This uninstaller can be downloaded from:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/supp ... oid=187764

In case the uninstall does not remove the EPSON scanner monitor you can delete it manually from the directory
/Library/Application Support/

Return to “Installation Problems”