Unlocking Silverfast following OS system upgrade

Problems with Windows/Mac OS, Photoshop or Twain hosted programs

Moderators: LSI_Moeller, LSI_Ketelhohn

RichardButler
Visitor

Unlocking Silverfast following OS system upgrade

Postby RichardButler » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:51 am

Dear Silverfast, about 3 years ago I bought an Epson 4990 scanner and it came with your Silverfast SE software. I dont use the scanner much but have an urgent need for it now. I have recently upgraded my macs to Leopard and in doing so have reinstalled the scanner software...it is asking me to register and is not responding to what I believe to be the serial number (which I believe I have lost) On the install CD is printed on 2 lines the following LINE 1: CPD 19054 Line 2: 3100023-00. The register window wont unlock the product for non demo use. Can you please help me - if needed I will be able to prove purchase new and I am only owner and its only been used perhaps 10 times. Best wishes to you for a great product - although I see there are many new software versions - the version I am trying to use is 6 (in the eye graphic on disc and manual) SE. I would greatly appreciate your advice - I have exhausted the options on the web site, and now feel youre the only hope to get my film scans operational in a very short time. Please advise !! With thanks - Richard Butler

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Unlocking Silverfast following OS system upgrade

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:14 am

Dear Richard,

unfortunatly the Version of SilverFast (up to and including version 6.4) you are trying to use is no longer compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
You would need to buy an upgrade to Version 6.5 in our webshop where you can also enter your old Serial for a refund.

If you already have Version 6.5 please make sure you have administration rights when you try to serialize.

kind regards

Arne Ketelhohn
LSI Support

Return to “Host related problems”