Cannot change options

Problems with HiRePP®, NegaFix or profiles

nickelvd
Visitor

Cannot change options

Postby nickelvd » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi there, I've been using Silverfast for a while, first SE and now Ai (6.5.5r3). What I don't understand is the Options dialog. Whenever I try to change anything, whether general settings or CMS, it gives me an error:

"In order to work properly, the following settings are missing: Scanner (Transparent)"

No matter why this is happening (I'm willing to solve it) it prevents me from entering other preferences. That's really a drag. I tried everything, all possibilities, and also visited previous thread about this error message, but I just don't understand what SilverFast wants me to do. I'm not using an IT8 target nor do I intend to do so. It still must be possible to just change my settings.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Nickel

degrub
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby degrub » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:04 pm

good chance the preferences files are corrupted.
Delete them and restart SF.

If it keeps happening consider running checkdisk or equivalent.

Did this start right after the upgrade from SE ?

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:36 am

Dear nickelvd

if you tell SilverFast to use an input profile (by setting "Input>Internal" to "ColorSync" or "ICM"), it needs to know what input/scanner profile and what internal color working space it should use.

If you don't have a profile that can be used e.g. for "Scanner(Transparent)", you cannot activate color management for the part from the input device (i.e. scanner) to the internal color space.

Best regards
Sonny Noack
Director Support & Software Testing
Master-Making
- LaserSoft Imaging AG -

nurgle
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Re: Cannot change options

Postby nurgle » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:43 am

Hi, having a similar problem, but there is no way it will allow me to select a profile to go in that spot. Full area Transpareancy or small area transparency... the input scanner profile options are grayed and not changeable... this is frustrating..

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: Cannot change options

Postby LSI_Morales » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:55 am

Dear Nurgle,

Bear in mind that the color management settings will be displayed and allowed according to the type of scan you have activated in the main settings window. If you have set SilverFast to scan reflective material, you can not change the color management options for transparency, if you want to do so, you have to switch to transparency positive.
Also if you switch to transparency negative, the NegaFix window will set the color management instead.

That is the main reason why some fields are grayed out when trying to manage color settings.

The solution is to make sure you pick the right settings in SilverFast before trying to enter the color management system in the options dialog.

Greetings
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Return to “HiRePP® - NegaFix - Profiles”