Can't move the sliders in the histograms on Expansion tab

Problems with HiRePP®, NegaFix or profiles

Mr.Pleasant
SilverFast Beginner

Can't move the sliders in the histograms on Expansion tab

Postby Mr.Pleasant » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:27 pm

Hi all,

I really like the Silverfast software, I work quite some time with it and the results are great. Thumbs up! That is, if I can make it work, because the interface sometimes drives me complete crazy.
After some problems with an older version of AI, I decided to get an upgrade to v6.1.0r8. In the first place, I didn't get it working, because of a faulty installer for the Epson Perfection 3200 version. By now this problem has been solved, it seems, with a new installer.

But now I'm facing a different problem. Whenever I'm scanning negatives, I'm not always very content with the way Silverfast sets the delimiters in the histograms on the Expansion tab of the Negative Expert mode. That's all right: I just turn off the check next to the Auto button, and I start moving the sliders until I get what I want. Now guess what. With this latest version I got, there no way of moving those sliders anymore! My cursor won't change in the double horizontal arrow when I move over the sliders, and I can't grab nor move them anymore. :o

You can see on this screenshot that the cursor over the slider is not "catching" it.

This means I can't use Silverfast anymore, cause I think the delimiters are too often set too narrow, making my pictures too contrasty. Things like this make me loose my enthousiasm quite quickly.

Do some of you in the NegaFix Forum have this problem too? Does anyone of you know of any settings somewhere else that might have made it impossible to move these sliders?

I'm working with a Window XP Pro, Epson Perfection 3200, Silverfast AI v6.1.0r8 - photoshop plugin/standalone

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:52 pm

Dr Mr.Pleasant

do you possibly use a font size not equal to 100%?
However, this bug should have already been fixed in the 6.1.0r8 version you are using (=> http://www.silverfast.com/show/history/de.html ).

Please check the font size and that you really using a version equal or greater to 6.1.0r8. Thanks for your reply.

Mr.Pleasant
SilverFast Beginner

Postby Mr.Pleasant » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:17 pm

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately it didn't work. I did have version 6.1.0r8 (I downloaded it january 11th), and did not use a font size other than normal (I suppose you're referring at the font size in the appearance tab in the display properties, please let me know if I'm wrong here). I decided to do some more testing, changing appearance to typical XP style, changing it in all kinds of classic styles, changing fontsizes to big or extra big and back again; but all of this has no influence. I still can not move those sliders.

I saw Silverfast is changing versions more often than I change clothes :wink: so I will leave v6.1.0r8, and move on to the next version. I'll let you know!

Mr.Pleasant
SilverFast Beginner

Postby Mr.Pleasant » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:37 am

Well, this is kind of depressing. I just installed the latest version, v6.2.0r1 (r2 is not available yet for the Epson 3200). But I still can not move those sliders!! There are two more things, bothering me less, but I'll mention them anyway. This version doesn't seem to recognise the jobs anymore that I backed up and put back into the job folder. And it seems not to be able to rotate a prescan without 'losing' the prescan, thus forcing me to make a prescan over again after I've rotated it.
I'd really like to start working now (or pretty soon)....

BTW, I'm sorry, I realise now that I started this discussion in the wrong forum, it doesn't belong in the Negafix/profiles forum.

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:22 pm

Dear Mr.Pleasant

the strange behaviour with the sliders could be verified with the Epson 3200.
Our developers try to fix that quickly.

Have a nice weekend :)

Just got a reply from the associated programmer:
"will be fixed in 6.2.r3"
Thanks, Tom.

Mr.Pleasant
SilverFast Beginner

Postby Mr.Pleasant » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:09 pm

Thanks for your reply, Tom. I'll check for v 6.2r3 regularly!

Return to “HiRePP® - NegaFix - Profiles”