Moderator: LSI_Rossee

l.j.nash
SilverFast Beginner
Scanner: Epson Perfection V750 PRO
SilverFast Product: Ai

HDR Studio 8.0.1r5

Postby l.j.nash » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is a new bug for r5 (as I jumped straight from r3) but there seems to be an issue with loading negative images (only tried 64-bit HDRi). The image loads fine initially (as a positive image) but when negative image is select so that the image will appear correctly (i.e. not inverted) no image reappears!? The same behaviour occurs if a positive image is opened and negative is selected. Even if 'Positive' is reselected the image does not reappear.

The only solution I have found is to select another task like iSRD or GANE and perform an operation (i.e. 1:1 is selected), the image then appears correctly.

All the best,

Lee.

bicyclefreak
Visitor
Scanner: Braun Slidescan 4000
SilverFast Product: HDR Studio

HDR Studio 8.0.1r5

Postby bicyclefreak » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-31 um 23.16.29.png
Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-31 um 23.16.29.png (32.12 KiB) Viewed 2242 times

I'm running manually through my 64bit HDRi scans, picture by picture, to adjust and convert them. The first picture (around 200MB) loads and is being processed. All settings seem to be applied, iSRD works nice. When starting to apply the settings to a second picture, there's an error with image loader displayed in the lower left status section. I need to stop HDR studio and launch it again to proceed with the same picture. If then the second one is the first to be loaded, the conversion works fine.

I'm running HDR on Mac OS 10.7.2 with a second Monitor attached.

regards, Dieter

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: HDR Studio 8.0.1r5

Postby LSI_Morales » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:06 am

Hi Dieter
Hi Lee

Could you guys please check if reseting the software solves this behavior?

In the Welcome dialogue press the "Service dialogue" button.

ServiceDialogueButton.jpg
Service dialogue button
ServiceDialogueButton.jpg (96.92 KiB) Viewed 2241 times

Press the button "Software reset" and tick the checkbox to remove preferences, both options located into the Service Dialogue.

servicedialogueReset.jpg
Reset the software
servicedialogueReset.jpg (56.59 KiB) Viewed 2241 times

Please let us know if this helps improve the situation.

Kind regards
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

bicyclefreak
Visitor

Postby bicyclefreak » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am

Hi Alejandro,

no change when resetting the software. First picture is being processed, the second one fails. Regarding the error with image loader, I still have plenty of RAM free (1.5GB)

Another issue I notified in HDR Studio 8, is that it often looses the settings of target name and path as well as the format, when optimizations like Gane and iSRD or rotation are being selected. After loading the source, I'm applying GANE, iSRD and Auto-CCR to a 64bit HDRi source with 3600 dpi to generate a JPEG in max Quality and with progressive compression.
I'm running HDR Studio in 64-bit mode, whereas the AI studio only runs in 32-bit mode.

regards, Dieter

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby LSI_Morales » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Dieter

Thanks for informing, I could actually reproduce the problem here as well, I have included this in our system for correction on a future version.

Kind regards
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

bicyclefreak
Visitor

Postby bicyclefreak » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:22 pm

...regarding the stalled controls in HDR Studio 8, I have added a System Trace of the process from my Mac. Often, not always, some or all of the controls in the UI become unresponsive while the process is still displayed as working ok. I noticed that this mostly appears after adjusting or finding the frame.

regards, Dieter

l.j.nash
SilverFast Beginner
Scanner: Epson Perfection V750 PRO
SilverFast Product: Ai

Postby l.j.nash » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away on business and have finally made it back home after a snowy nightmare at Schiphol airport.

Software reset and remove preferences makes no difference for me. I still get no negative image when I select "Negative" until I perform an operation.

Regards,

Lee.

Return to “HDR Studio 8 Pre-Release Program”