Saving Parameters for Jobentries

All about SilverFast HDR and HiRepp (48bit HDR processing)

r_moeller
SilverFast Beginner

Saving Parameters for Jobentries

Postby r_moeller » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:03 pm

My normal workflow is the following:
Scanning with SF Ai as 48bit HDR with embedded ICC-Profile for the scanner. Saving that file.
Opening the HDR file in SF HDR to apply gamma correction and to convert from scanner profile to internal profile (AdobeRGB). Probably some tweaking of gradation curve and color cast. Saving that file.
In addition I save the corresponding Silverfast .prf file from the Prefs-Folder. With this it seems I am able to create the same image in SF HDR when i put the RAW image back to the folder from which it was open in SF HDR and the .prf file back to the Prefs-Folder. Also I am able to make different tweaking based on the previous settings. Saving of the .prf file is a bit cumbersome because it is locked as long as the preview with the frame is still opened. So for saving it is necessary to close SF HDR or to open a different file.

Due to a limited amount of scans this has worked for me. As I have to scan a much higher amount of pictures (slides) now, I had a look into the HDR JobManager. It seems to me that there is no way to capture the parameters applied to every single jobentry? I understand that there is no preview and thus no .prf file is generated?

Many thanks

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Saving Parameters for Jobentries

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Dear R Moeller,

normally sets can be saved in the JobManager's menu.
The saved set can then be used for any further scans.

Kind regards
Arn eKetelhohn.

r_moeller
SilverFast Beginner

Postby r_moeller » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 am

Many thanks for the reply. I have not recognized that the word "Job" in the Jobmanager windows is actually a menu item (on XP with Classic Windows theme setting).
I see that I can save the job settings and can keep the whole folder with the file containing the job setting.
I still think it would be preferable to have separated files for each jobentry. If I have to give raw files and processed file to a client, there is often the question about the process parameters between raw and processed file. With jobmanager embedding settings for all jobentries in one file, it seems to be unfavorable to mix files from different clients in one job.

Best regards
R. Moeller

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Dear R Moeller,

I will forward your suggestion to our developers.
But currently it is not possible tosave the individual settings.

kind regards
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “HDR (48bit HDR processing)”