lost with HDR

All about SilverFast HDR and HiRepp (48bit HDR processing)

lvr123
SilverFast Beginner
Scanner: Epson V700
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

lost with HDR

Postby lvr123 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Hello,
I'm new to HDR. In an effort to ease my scanning process, i'm trying to add Silverfast HDR next to my Silverfast SE.
But I'm lost in the interface.

1) How do I open an scanned image saved on my disk : I find no "Open..." menu and the VLT function is stuck on my C:/ drive while my images are on the E:/ drive.
The only way I found was to Drag&Drop

2) How can I switch from one image to another one ? "CTRL-Tab" just doesn't work.

3) Is there a way to arrange images windows next to each other, e.g. to compare them ?

Thanks for helping me to find my way around in this software.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: lost with HDR

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:22 pm

Dear customer,

you can select additional drives to the pull down menu by clicking the little black folder symbol with the star on it.

Also you can open the standard file browser by holding the shift key (while VLT is closed).
The VLT icon will change to a folder icon.

You can adjust the size of the shown images in the VLT's lower right corner if the thumbnails are to small.

Kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

lvr123
SilverFast Beginner
Scanner: Epson V700
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

Postby lvr123 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks for your answers.
I find it very strange how limited and badly designed this user interface is !!!!

To my original questions:
1) How do I open an scanned image saved on my disk : I find no "Open..." menu and the VLT function is stuck on my C:/ drive while my images are on the E:/ drive. The only way I found was to Drag&Drop
--> OK solved, but not intuitive.

2) How can I switch from one image to another one ? "CTRL-Tab" just doesn't work.
--> Possible ?

3) Is there a way to arrange images windows next to each other, e.g. to compare them ?
--> Possible ?
Not with the VLT, as the VLT does not reflect adjustments made to the images, and the images cannot be modified while the VLT is open.

Sorry if look upset, but for the upgrade price (from Silverfast SE), I expected something far more efficient.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Dear customer,

Currently it is not possible to switch frames using a keyboard-command or view several images at once.
But I will forward your suggestions to our product management.

Kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “HDR (48bit HDR processing)”