iSDR misalignment

All about SilverFast HDR and HiRepp (48bit HDR processing)

arcticsounds
Visitor

iSDR misalignment

Postby arcticsounds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi,

I purchased an Epson V800 scanner with the Silverfast 8.0 software. Whenever I scan my image with iSDR the resulting tiff-file has still all the dust and scratches in it. I can clearly see that the iSDR-mask (I don't know how to call it) has been moved, like it has deleted the scratches on the wrong place.
My film hasn't been moved as I use them with the filmholders. I took a screenshot of the problem and I'm attaching it to this message.

How can this be fixed?
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2017-02-14 om 18.54.18.png
Schermafbeelding 2017-02-14 om 18.54.18.png (233.55 KiB) Viewed 751 times

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: iSDR misalignment

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:47 am

Dear user,

this happens when there is a too large offset between the RGB and infrared data.
Try adjusting the "Maximum offset for iSRD alignment" in the SilverFast preferences' special tab.

kind regards,
Arne

dresslered
Visitor
Scanner: Epson Perfection V850 Pro
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

Postby dresslered » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:54 pm

I am also interested in hearing the resolution to this issue and Epson has even offered to send me a replacement scanner as they are unable to explain this as well. I have checked my iSRD alignment and it is set for 20 and I have never deviated from these settings. I have had great success using the SilverFast SE Plus software, but then all of a sudden, the misalignment shows up. It is especially noticeable when using the Mark mode where the targets are clearly offset so no correction can happen. I've repeated the scan, rebooted the software, and the problem remains. However, by moving the slide to a different location in the slide carrier, the alignment then becomes perfect. Going back to the original location, the misalignment re-occurs. This completely sounded like a mechanical misalignment to me, however, when loading up different slides in the problem location, the misalignment is no longer evident. The problem almost seems intermittent or perhaps thermally related (after extended operation). Is this still possibly a software issue?

I am real anxious the resolve this issue as I have a huge project of archiving family albums. Thanks for any help.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:32 pm

dear user,

It could be that the offset varies.
Within a certain range (set by that slider in the special options) iSRD can correct for an offset. So if it varies slightly it can "shift" in and out of the correctable values. So trying to adjust that slider might be a worth a try.

kind regards,
Arne

Return to “HDR (48bit HDR processing)”