SOFT FOCUS problem?!?!?!?!!?

flatbed scanners for Epson

nickvandal
Visitor
Scanner: Epson V700
SilverFast Product: SE

SOFT FOCUS problem?!?!?!?!!?

Postby nickvandal » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:36 am

I have the Epson V700 and was very happy using silver fast 6. The focus was perfect on all my scanned negatives. I was just forced to upgrade to Silverfast 8 se yesterday and now ALL my negatives are out of focus when scanned. I am scanning the exact same negatives with the same settings with the new program. Just tried to scan a polaroid and it was out of focus as well. Yet when I use the generic scanning program on my mac it scans it perfectly in focus.

Anyone else having a problem with this? I would rather not switch to another program as I like the color correction in silver fast compared to other programs.

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: SOFT FOCUS problem?!?!?!?!!?

Postby LSI_Morales » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 am

Hi Nick

The V700 does not have any focus mechanism. It means the focusing can not be controlled by the scanner or the software.

The reason your pictures look soft when scanned with SF8 vs SF6 and other applications is because SF6 and the generic program use a sharpness algorithm by default. This has been deactivated in SilverFast 8 (on popular request), you can however apply the sharpness filter using the USM tool.

Kind regards
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Return to “Epson”