Setting default save path

flatbed scanners for Epson

oeolsson
Visitor
Scanner: Epson 4990
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

Setting default save path

Postby oeolsson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:28 am

Silverfast 8 has conflicting save dialogs. The path setting on the left always defaults to user/pictures. If I change that to an external drive it will not be reflected in the batch-scan save dialog. It seems to think that I'm still going to save in user/pictures. Also, save dialog in the main app uses the Mac standard finder which sees all external drives. The save dialog that pops up when selecting batch scan does not see external drives. It's very confusing. Why can't I choose a default save path and have it stick? I never save to user/pictures!

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Setting default save path

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Dear customer,

The auto numbering dialog for the batch scan overwrites the individual settings if you chose to use it.
If you want to use the frames names and individual folder locations you just ignore the auto numbering dialog and start the scan without changing it's settings.
If this does not work like I describe it please make sure you are using the latest Silverfast version.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

greg.tta
Visitor
Scanner: Epson V700
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby greg.tta » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 am

I seem to be having a similiar problem. Every time I change the path (Scan Dimensions) to one I want, it reverts to the default as soon as I change anything in the dialogue. Also I have no control over the numbering of the images - I am stuck with spaces and brackets with no way of setting a number.
I have just paid to upgrade in the belief v8 was better but unfortunately it is a big step back (=WORSE) in many small but very annoying respects. I have read posts from last year that promised a fix for these issues but still nothing.
I would be happy if someone points out that I've made a mistake and in fact I can easily set a default path and set a numbering scheme.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Dear customer,

Please make sure that you are using the newest version of SilverFast 8.0.1r15.
The numbering dialog is now available for both batch and ADF scanning.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

lkbaughan
Visitor

Postby lkbaughan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 pm

I am using Version 8r17 of Silverfast Studio for Mac. Not only can I not rename the file when I batch scan but I have to change the dimensions each time I scan a set of 4 slides. I have hundreds of slides to scan and this is a very tedious process. What can I do to turn off the default settings and put in the settings I need to use?

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:33 pm

In SilverFast Ai Studio you can save settings in the frame menu.

Saved settings can then be selected as the "Deafult Setting" in the preferences' general tab.

Kind regards,
Arne Ketelghohn.

waldroje
Visitor
Scanner: Epson 750
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby waldroje » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm have the same problem... using SilverFast Ai Studio...v8.0.1r18 on Mac OSX 10.7.5...I've saved frame settings, under the save icon i see the list, but in Preferences on the General tab it does not show any of my custom settings in the drop down, and thus always keeps replacing with the default... very painful when scanning multiple frames, as each time I have to re-select my settings... does not allow me to load settings either... also when trying to get around this via batch scanning, that feature does not show HardDrives other than the system drive, thus can't be used. An suggestions/solutions would be appreciated!

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Please make sure you did not save the frame-set or the frame position in the scan dimensions dialog box.
I checked and the saved frame-settings are available for defaults.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “Epson”