Numbering of Images and Scanning order in JobManager

flatbed scanners for Epson

bosveldboer
SilverFast Beginner
Scanner: Epson 4990
SilverFast Product: Archive Suite

Numbering of Images and Scanning order in JobManager

Postby bosveldboer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 am

I am using Silverfast Studio Ai with Epson 4990, latest version, on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.

When I load a number of 35mm film strips in the film strip holder in the order I want the negatives scanned, I do a Prescan, Find Frames, and then open the JobManager.

While doing edits and adjusting the frames for different images, the frames are re-numbered in a jumbled order.

How do I renumber the scan frames so that the JobManager scans the frames in the correct order? For proper Batch Scanning and automatic numbering of the image files, it is essential that the frames are scanned in the correct order.

The option to manually trying to re-arrange the job entries in the JobManager to get the original scan order back, is not an option, as it does not work properly and takes forever to do. It is just a joke.

Please bring back the automatic re-number options as in V6 - top to bottom, right to left.

I do not understand your philosophy of bringing out V8 as an "upgrade" and you loose major functionality in the product. Maybe you do not understand the needs and requirements of your customers as well as you think you do.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Numbering of Images and Scanning order in JobManager

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Dear customer,

you can change the numbering by dragging the JobManager entries to the intended position.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “Epson”