Just bought a V750

flatbed scanners for Epson

pioneer
Visitor

Just bought a V750

Postby pioneer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:04 pm

and I feel like it's going to be an age before I can start on my immense collection of photos and slides. Can I just scan away now and do all the alterations later in photoshop?

What dpi and colour depth should I scan 35mm slides at, before I face the 'law of diminishing returns'. I have no particular end in sight (eg prints or web). I just want the best possible scans without getting ridiculously enormous files. This should give me the most flexibility.

LSI_Luebker
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: Just bought a V750

Postby LSI_Luebker » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Dear pioneer,

if you want to scan the files first in the highest possible quality and optimize them later I would recommend to do a 48Bit HDR Scan and use our SilverFast HDR Software to apply all of the changes you would normaly apply directly you can think of this as a RAW file.
SilverFast HDR also works as a plugin from within Photoshop.

best regards,

Thomas Lübker,
LaserSoft Imaging AG
best regards,

Thomas Luebker,
LaserSoft Imaging AG

RAM
Visitor

Re: Just bought a V750

Postby RAM » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi pioneer !

Its frustrating to have a large work load awaiting processing ... but ... may I suggest that you make & take time to learn how to use the SilverFast Ai software before you start scanning ... or before you commence on your high-volume digitization project as the high quality scans made with the correct operational knowledge of the V750 Pro & the SilverFast Ai software yield stunning & very impressive results !

The amount of high-end adjustments that one can do and / or make at the scanning stage with the SilverFast Ai software - I personally have found that this method can I can save a lot of time ( by comparison if attempting to make similar adjustments in post-production in Photoshop ) !

Wish you all the best with your project !

Regards, Richard.

Return to “Epson”