flatbed scanners for Epson

borez
Visitor
Scanner: Epson Perfection Photo v600
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

Help with creating a scanning workflow

Postby borez » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:55 am

Hi there,

I bought the SE Plus recently to be used with my Epson V600 scanner, and am having some difficulties in creating a fast, proper workflow. Would like some help on the following areas:

1) Is there any way to set global settings that will stick when I rescan the frames? All my settings just revert to the defaults when I rescan the frames (save folder location, dpi, ilters). The save settings function doesn't really work, particularly when I have to add/edit new frames.
2) The scanning algorithm is extremely inefficient for batch scanning - it literally scans/processes one photo by one photo (normal scan > IR pass > processing, repeat). The scanner takes quite a while to switch between normal scanning & IR scanning.
Is there any way to modify the scanning routine either way:
a) 2 full pass scans (1 normal pass + 1 IR pass), then process all the photos at one shot
b) normal pass > IR pass > processing (but also simultaneously scanning the next slide)

This can be really killer software if these issues are resolved - am very pleased with the output of the scans.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Help with creating a scanning workflow

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Dear customer,

In SilverFast Ai Studio you can save frame settings in the frame menu.
These can be selected as defaults in the preferences' general tab.

The scan process is purely hardware based and it's speed only depends on the scan resolution.
The way the scanner collects it's data can not be changed.
Processing can be improved by assigning mor memory in the preferences' general tab.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “Epson”