dhatcher
Visitor
Scanner: Epson Perfection V700
SilverFast Product: SE
SilverFast Version: 6.0

Dark lines on scans

Postby dhatcher » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi,

I've been using Silverfast SE 6 (windows) with my Epson V700 for a few months now. Just recently (this month) I've started getting dark lines in the same place across the entire length of my images. My problem is similar to the problem posted about here: a-few-issues-with-the-scanning-process-t4382.html

Only, where that user got just one line I get between 5-10 of those dark lines. I've narrowed the problem down to an issue with the digital ice feature of the Silverfast software. If I turn that feature off, the lines go away. If I use the digital ice speed setting I get maybe 1-2 of the dark lines. If I use the digital ice quality setting I get 5-10 of the dark lines.

For the other use in the link I posted, he/she seemed to think it was a problem directly with their scanner. However, I have ruled this out with mine by using both Epson Scan and v**s**n to check if it's a hardware problem. I have used the digital ice / infrared dust removal technologies in each of the other softwares and each at different settings (similar to the speed versus quality setting in Silverfast). No problems with either of the other two softwares so, I know for certain it is not a hardware problem with the scanner and not a problem with the negatives either.

Please help as I really do like Silverfast software the best but, if it gives me a problem like this and it can't be resolved I'll have to switch to using one of the other software programs I have. Thank you.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Dark lines on scans

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Dear customer,

The ICE function is part of the EPSON driver and not SilverFast.
We have no influence on its workings.
This is why we have replaced it with iSRD in our newest release.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “Epson”