Sjinual
Visitor
Scanner: Epson V700
SilverFast Product: SE
SilverFast Version: 6.6

Batch scanning very cumbersome

Postby Sjinual » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Dear Silverfast members,

I am considering buying Silverfast 8 SE. So, at this moment I am working with the demo version on an Epson V700.
Problems appear when batch scanning on 12 slide frames. Everytime I click another frame the sacnner starts to prescan the slide. It drives me mad.

There are rumours on this forum about changing settings, but in my version it does not work.

Could you give me a clue?

Thank you,

Sjinual

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Batch scanning very cumbersome

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:19 am

Dear Sjinual,

Thank you for your feedback.
Please make sure you are always using the latest version of SilverFast.
We are currently in the process of searching for ways to improve the speed of the preview.
However when SilverFast does not yet have a preview at the necessary resolution this must be acquired from the scanner.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn

Sjinual
Visitor
Scanner: Epson V700
SilverFast Product: SE
SilverFast Version: 6.6

Postby Sjinual » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Thank you for your quick response.
I am using SE plus Demo, the latest version 8.0.1r26.

The Epson V700 needs a preview every time a new batch of 12 slides is placed on the glass plate. The SE preview shows the 12 slides in one screen at a 3% zoom factor, which is too small for adequate reframing. Clicking on a frame brings up a 28% frame. The annoyance is that the preview for that particular frame is restarted. I do not need that restart; a 10% zoomfactor would do the trick. Although a somewhat higher preview resolution than the present one could help (400 dpi for instance?).

In the Slverfast website, remarks are made about adjusting the preview through ->edit->preferences. However, all I see is a screen "general/CMS/special". Going into "special" shows "prescan_draft/scan_draft/MEprevies/Color_correction". I do not fully understand these topics without some sort of helpfile, but I could not find any differences in (un)checking the possibilities.

Regards, Sjinual

LSI_Moeller
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Moeller » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Dear Sjinual,

High Res preview is an Ai option. Please install SilverFast Ai studio demo to try it out.

Best regards
Artur Möller

Return to “Epson”