Upgrading from DCSE V6.01v26 to DCSE-VLT

All about DC-VLT / DCS / DCR and digital cameras (digital camera)

valanc
Visitor

Upgrading from DCSE V6.01v26 to DCSE-VLT

Postby valanc » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:07 am

:( I read all of the information about upgrading to version 6. I am going from DCSE 6 to DCSE - VLT. I am confused!!! From all indications in the download section this is a upgrade if you have version 6. When I tried to enter the serial # that I have for DC-SE 6 the number is highlighted. I verified the serial number and it is for DC-SE 6. I uninstalled DC-SE 6 (Twain). DC-SE-vlt still doesn't like the serial number. Have I missed something? Is this not a free upgrade? IF I need to purchase the upgrade there is nothing on the sight regarding cost if you already have version 6.

Thank you for your help..

LSI_Flyvbjerg
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Flyvbjerg » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:10 am

Dear valanc.

The upgrade from DC-SE to DC-SE-VLT is not free, it has to be purchased.

Please contact our sales department at: [url]sales@silverfast.de[/url].

I?ll check the download site with our WEB master.

Eric.

LSI_Petruskevicius
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Petruskevicius » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:10 pm

Dear valanc,

when you visit the SilverFast DC page at https://www.silverfast.com/show/silverfa ... lt/en.html, you see the "Upgrade to SilverFast DC-VLT" link where after selecting your necessary item, you'll get yourself into the purchase form and the price is there - in your case it is USD 20.

Hope that helps :)
Liudas

valanc
Visitor

Postby valanc » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:53 pm

:wink: Thanks. That is what I needed to know. I will make the purchase.

Vickie Lancaster

valanc
Visitor

Postby valanc » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:22 am

:( I'm Back! Okay. I went to the website and followed the link. I put in my DC-SE 6 serial number and it is good. The message said I had the latest version (DC-SE V6.01r26). Okay fine. I then proceded to purcahse the upgrade to DC6 VLT. It let me do that. SO far so good. I uninstalled the DC-Se version that I had and installed the DC 6 VLT version. Well, here we are again. It took the new serial number but asked for a CD from the previous version which I don't have because the previous version was purchased on line. What gives? I just wanted to upgrade to VLT!

Thanks

LSI_Belli
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Belli » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:34 pm

Be sure that you download the correct SE version: a pure "internet" version which can be serialized without CD. The name of the installer contains an i

SFE-6.0.2r37(DCVLT-iSE).exe

You can download it at:

https://www.silverfast.com/sf-download/333/ise/en.html

And do not forget to fill all the fields in the serialization dialog box.

Thomas

valanc
Visitor

Postby valanc » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:53 pm

:cry: Thanks for the info. I downloaded that version and that is the one I wanted all along. I tried to seraialize it but it doesn't like the number. I entered the information per the instructions. When I purchased the on-line upgrade I think the system issued a serial number for upgrading from DC-SE-VLT to DC 6 VLT. That is what the instructions indicate. I don't think the serial number is correct for the DC-iSE-VLT upgrade. Is there a way to verify the serial numer that was issued with the upgrade?

Thanks for your help...
Vickie

valanc
Visitor

Postby valanc » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:01 am

:D Just wanted to let you know that I called Sales and explained the situation. I was given a different serial number and I was able to serialize the dc-vlt-ise version that I downloaded. THe sales group is not aware that there is a DC-VLT-iSE version. I directed them to this thread and the link that THomas provided.

Thank you for your help.

Vickie

Return to “DC-VLT / DCS / PhotoCD (digital camera)”