Scanning more than one slide at a time?

flatbed scanners for Canon

cmsscience
Visitor

Scanning more than one slide at a time?

Postby cmsscience » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 am

Hi

I just bought a Canon 9950f for my class and have a demo version of Silverfast AI downloaded. I put my slides in the frame that came with the scanner and do a preview so that I can work with the slides. I leave them all "framed" after I adjust color, etc. Is there a way to have the scanner scan all of them in one pass? I can click on each one and scan them of course but it would be nice to walk off and leave the machine while it scans.

PS ..... I am very impressed with the software

JW

MurrayFoote
SilverFast Beginner

Postby MurrayFoote » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:58 am

JW

With Silverfast AI or AI Studio you can use Job Manager for batch scanning. You can even scan different versions of the same slide. Check it out in the videos (run them from your PC, not the web) and the online manuals.

Regards,
Murray

cmsscience
Visitor

Thanks

Postby cmsscience » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:35 am

I watched some of them. I will watch the ones that have that as a topic.

Thanks for the quick reply....

JW

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:16 pm

Murray,

You need to change the Scan Mode from normal to batch on the general tab. You may find the scanner homes itself after scanning each frame, but you won't need to select each frame and click the scan button.
Member in good standing - NAPP
A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

MurrayFoote
SilverFast Beginner

Postby MurrayFoote » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:08 pm

That's the other way of doing it, RAG.

I prefer to use Job Manager because you can save the jobs and rerun them if anything goes wrong. I also use saved frame sets to start from a default set of marquees and settings.

You can potentially use Job Manager for "automated" scanning without even bothering to prescan, though I've never felt the need to do this. In this case you would either need to uniformly position the slides or to set the marquees a bit wider and then use the frame insert factor (auto tab/ Options) to keep the auto-exposure accurate.

Not so significant to me at the moment though because when I scan it's usually 6x17, so only two at a time.

Regards,
Murray

Return to “Canon”