CanoScan 8600F dust removal

flatbed scanners for Canon

Lukas
Visitor

CanoScan 8600F dust removal

Postby Lukas » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:44 pm

I'm using bundled SE and I'm thinking about upgrade to AI.
Any plans to support the Canon's FARE for 8600F in the near future?

regards, Lukas

LSI_Bruhn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Bruhn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:49 pm

Dear customer,

we are hopefully doing the last steps to provide you with Fare support soonest, it is "not a technical issue." The solution wihtin SilverFast should be there by the start of next year. But please send your request also to Canon to speed up the process for us

kind regards
Sascha Bruhn

LaserSoft Imaging AG
Luisenweg 6-8
24105 Kiel

Lukas
Visitor

Postby Lukas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:31 pm

Hello... New year is here but I cannot find hw dust removal (fare) in new SE Ai 6.5 Demo... Any problems during negotiation with Canon? How it goes?

Thank you.

LSI_Bruhn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Bruhn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:59 am

Dear Lukas,

we will have a own infrared solution for canon soon, but it will not be FARE.

kind regards
Sascha Bruhn

LaserSoft Imaging AG
Luisenweg 6-8
24105 Kiel

mteddy
Visitor

Supported by iSRD

Postby mteddy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:41 am

Is the CanoScan 8600F supported by SilverFast's iSRD?

(I found no list of scanners, which can be used with iSRD on your website).

mteddy
Visitor

Postby mteddy » Wed May 09, 2007 8:39 pm

Hello!!! Dear support, please be gracious and answer the question!

What's the state of your "own infrared solution"? Is the scanner supported?

Maurice
Visitor

hardware dust removal canoscan 8600f (FARE)

Postby Maurice » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Hello support,

When do you think that we can expect hardware dust removal support for the canoscan 8600f? I bought the scanner 8 months ago, upgrades the software in the meantime, but still this functionality is useless!
I thought it was a safe buy, a well recieved scanner bundled with good software, but at this moment it lies around catching dust. The longer this takes, the harder I will need this hardware dust removal!
So please, support this a.s.a.p.
Will there be costs involved for the upgrade?

Regards,

Maurice

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:26 am

Dear all,
in our iSRD for Canon testing, the F8600 is included !
When we will release iSRD support it probably will be there at least for the F8600, F9950, the older ones will be tested and eventually be available.
The whole things will take some more time, as we need to port some changes in our iSRD routines from test status to final status that we had to include for Canon Scanners.
Greetings,

Nils Heidorn

ShaunJ
Visitor

Postby ShaunJ » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:45 am

How frustrating. I just bought Silverfast SE Plus with the expectation of being able to use iSRD on my 8600f, because I have just obtained several hundred old family slides (most of which are a little scratched and dusty) that I was hoping to digitize and restore.

I suppose I should have checked the forum beforehand!

I hope this feature arrives for Canon scanners soon.

Turock
Visitor

Postby Turock » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:53 am

I hope for this feature since I bought my Canon 8400F scanner. I hope it will be available to the 8400f, too cause dust removal is just the last thing where original Canon software does a better job. I'm really looking forward.

Maurice
Visitor

Postby Maurice » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:16 pm

Hello,

This is my second and urgent question to include the hardware dust and scratches removal for the Canon 8600F.
I recieved an email on the new silverfast version, but again I got the same dissappointment as all the times that there is nothing mentioned on this.
What is the big difficulty??? Please mention a date from which the feature is in the software. I really get annoyed that the scanner was bundled with non-functional software. Did canon pay not enough to support their hardware?

Regards,

Maurice

AlexLilic
Visitor

Postby AlexLilic » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:05 am

Just FWIW. I purchased an 8600F scanner, which I like a lot. I am scanning a lot of negatives, and after trying a few packages I came to the conclusion that Silverfast gave me the best colour results and overall "quality" and was ready to purchase.

However I was *very* disappointed to learn that Infrared removal is not supported with my scanner. This is one of the main reasons I purchased my specific scanner, as my negatives are quite dusty.

The information on the Silverfast website was very poor in this area (i.e. no list of scanners), and this is the only thread which has any information.

I am unwilling to wait an "unspecified" period of time for a solution, so I have now purchased v**s**n which gave results very close to Silverfast and also supports the Infrared dust removal.

You will continue to lose customers like me until this is resolved.

davidl3541
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Save Your Money Canon software is far Superior to Silverfast

Postby davidl3541 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:37 pm

I have supported Silverfast for years but have discovered that in the last year or so Silverfast has become Vaporware; smoke and mirrors, fake improvements and failures to deliver promised and paid-for bug fixes and capabilities.

I loaded the latest Canon divers for my Canon 9950f, and you know what? The software is darn near perfect and delivers outstanding scans with defect removal, color, sharpness, dynamic range and reasonable speed. All without the phony fussing required by Silverfast.

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:39 am

Dear all,

i am sorry about the anger you feel toward us for not supporting the IR channel in the Canon Scanners.
It really *is* true, the iSRD Solution is very close at hand, but unfortunately we have very limited Manpower and so we have to focus on the broader issues at hand right now -> Vista and Leopard migration, which are really hot for *all* Users right now.

While i regret that you switch over to alternatives right now, i hope that you reconsider SilverFast once we cared for that big deals and have time to finish iSRD support.

Greetings,

Nils Heidorn

Maurice
Visitor

Postby Maurice » Thu May 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Ok guys,

Half a year later, happily surprised by the announcement of a new version, but what a dissapointment. Not a word on support for the iSRD for the CANON scanner (8600F).

We are now talking 2008, guys - honest - will it ever be available for this hardware? I mean bundling software & dissapointing people really can't be your business strategy.

Regards

Maurice

Return to “Canon”