CanonScan 8400F - Gray bar in image after scanning ME/MS

flatbed scanners for Canon

johnny.moped
SilverFast Beginner

CanonScan 8400F - Gray bar in image after scanning ME/MS

Postby johnny.moped » Wed May 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi,

I have already contacted silverfast support but no answer yet.
the problem is scanning with multi-scan or multiexposure very often produces a gray bar on the top (portrait format) or on the left (landscapformat) of the resulting image.

I am using the MultiScan-Option (4times) especially for scanning b/w-pictures and as most of you will agree multiscanning does take a lot of time and it really starts annoying me.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

my setup is:

Canon CanoScan 8400F
Photoshop CS3
Silverfast Ai Studio ME (6.5.0r5)
Mac OS-X 10.4.9

thanks,

daniel

LSI_Giess
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Giess » Fri May 18, 2007 9:32 am

Dear Daniel,

Maybe we already provided a fix for your problem. We had a bug with the final version of Photoshop CS3 that did not occur with prior beta versions. Can you please try the current version available for download from our website and let us know whether it fixes your multi scan / multi exposure issue?

Thanks
Berthold Giess
LaserSoft Imaging AG

johnny.moped
SilverFast Beginner

Postby johnny.moped » Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 am

Hi,

thanks for the reply. i already downloaded the r6-version yesterday and installed it.
unfourtunately scanning from photoshop cs3 is broken now.
you can open silverfast (form photoshop), select your image but after the scan has finished and silverfast is about to transport the image to photoshop nothing happens and you have to press cmd+alt+esc to stop PS und silverfast service.
it seems like photoshop cannot receive the image-data.

i deinstalled and reinstalled a few times, but it just doesnt work. not even with simple slide-scans (e.g. no multiexposure).

regards,

daniel

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:35 am

Dear Daniel

to "revive" Photoshop again, you might want to delete the SilverFast aliasses from the "Import-Export" folder (found at: /Applications/Photoshop/Plug-Ins/Import-Export).

While we're in further examination of your specific problem, I suggest you meanwhile you the SF_Launcher to start SilverFast and scan into files, and load them via File->Open into Photoshop lateron.

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- Manager Technical Support, LaserSoft Imaging AG -

Return to “Canon”