Neo_Moucha
Visitor
Scanner: Canon 9900F

Canon 9900F Windows 7 64bit

Postby Neo_Moucha » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Today I just received this:

Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for contacting Canon.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Canon product.

With reference to your enquiry, I am sorry to the confusion caused by the ambiguity of my colleagues response. The 9900F is not compatible with Windows 7 and there will be no further support for this product in this environment. Canon endeavour to provide upgrades for all our products in the event of any new Operating System releases, however in the case of the 9900F this has not been possible. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I hope this information is of use to you. If you have any other queries, or need any other information, please do not hesitate to reply directly to this email, and quoting the reference number:- ****

Kind Regards,

Belinda Wood
Tel: 0844 369 0100
http://www.canon.co.uk/Where_to_buy/index.asp

Canon Support Centre

So I am asking - is it true there is no chance to get my old 9900F to work under Win7 64bit?

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: Canon 9900F Windows 7 64bit

Postby LSI_Morales » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:02 am

Dear Neo_Moucha,

SilverFast works in combination with the manufacturer driver (Canon). The reason why we have not made the scanner available under windows 7 64 bits is because Canon does not have a proper driver for the operating system in question (as informed by the canon colleague).
For the time being, the scanner is not supported under windows 7 64 bits (and there are no different plans for the near future).

Kind regards
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Return to “Canon”