Can I calibrate my Epson V700 scanner with Silverfast SE?

flatbed scanners for Canon

lizvaldez
Visitor

Can I calibrate my Epson V700 scanner with Silverfast SE?

Postby lizvaldez » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:18 am

I am starting to collect equipment to set up my "digital darkroom". My main objective will be to scan and share old family photos, and eventually do photo restoration.

The first thing I purchased was an Epson V700 scanner that came with SilverFast SE. I have scanned a couple hundred photos so far, and I'm not happy with how the color is coming out. (E.g. my B&W photos have a pink cast when I order prints.) I have ordered a ColorMunki device so that I can calibrate my computer and my printer. I would also like to calibrate my new scanner.

Can I calibrate my Epson V700 scanner with the SilverFast SE that came with it? If not, what do I need to purchase? I'm on a tight budget and want to do this as cost effectively as I can.

Thanks!

Liz

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: Can I calibrate my Epson V700 scanner with Silverfast SE?

Postby LSI_Morales » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:29 am

Dear lizvaldez

Thanks for your interest in our products.

You can not calibrate your scanner using SilverFast SE. In this case you would need a version of SilverFast which allows for IT8 calibration and you would need to purchase the IT8 targets for that matter (transparency and reflective accordingly).

The smalles version of SilverFast which will allow you to perform an IT8 calibration it SilverFast Ai IT8, prices and further details can be found on our online store at: https://www.silverfast.com/buyonline/en.html

Bear in mind that you can use the actual serial number to obtain a discount during your purchase.

Cheers
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Return to “Canon”