Another 6.5r4 multi-exposure licensing bug ?

flatbed scanners for Canon

nicol_verheem
Visitor

Another 6.5r4 multi-exposure licensing bug ?

Postby nicol_verheem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:41 am

Hi all

multi-exposure-for-canon-9950f-updates-t4607.html

Like me, another user also could not use ME on his Canon 9950 after upgrading. After LaserSoft "Fixed" his serial number, it worked.

Since I upgraded from 6.4 to 6.5 (for $50) for the express purpose of obtaining ME only 6 weeks ago, I was very disappointed to learn from Lasersoft that this feature will set me back another $55 ?!

Did everyone else have to pay ? Is this just a honest mistake or are they bait and switching me?

The support it also less than stellar - I posted a note on this BB days ago with still no reply - they only replied after I used the web form.

Please share your experiences.
--nlv--

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:22 am

Hello,

sorry that you feel mistreated, let me point out a few things:

The MEX feature is listed for SE-Plus and Ai-Studio Versions, so the upgrade from an Ai Version ( ? right ? ) 6.4 -> 6.5 doesn't do the trick.
Although you were only interested in the MEX upgrade, the switch from 6.4 to 6.5 already contains some features that others would deem worth the $50 you paid.
And also the upgrade from Ai to Ai Studio for $55 does not only buy the MEX feature but also a multitude of other features as well...

I can understand that you would wish to only pay for the feature that you are interested in, but that would make our variety of versions ( that obviously seems to be enough to confuse ) really too numerous.

We do have to cope with the fact that people need / buy SilverFast starting from real beginners up to prepress pros and so we need *some* variations of SilverFast, we will take these User inputs as strong hint to be more clear about "what costs what" next time.

About your unanswered post in the other forum folder:

Sorry for that, only excuse is that my colleague handling that group really has a load of work right now, we are just a few people and he also has to handle telephone / web form support.

:-(

Okay, if others also like to let us know whether we have too much or too few variations of SilverFast and other ideas then please feel welcome to share...

Greetings,
Nils Heidorn, R & D, LaserSoft Imaging AG

nicol_verheem
Visitor

Postby nicol_verheem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Hi Nils

I had Ai Studio IT8. I paid $50 for the ME feature - bringing the total I paid to $327. Six weeks ago, there was no of info clearly pointing out that the 9950 does not support ME. Fine, based on the thread I quoted, I waited. Now I have to pay another $55, bringing the total to $382 - $50 more than the new price - no way to treat existing customers.
--nlv--

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:28 am

Dear Nicol,
i will pass your point of view to our responsible people !

Greetings,
Nils Heidorn, R & D, LaserSoft Imaging AG

Return to “Canon”