8400F demo verison; where's the multiscan?

flatbed scanners for Canon

blork
Visitor
Scanner: Canon 8400F
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

8400F demo verison; where's the multiscan?

Postby blork » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:01 pm

I downloaded the demo version of SilverFast SE (which supposedly includes both the regular and SE versions) today (June 5, 2010) for Mac (I'm using Snow Leopard), for the Canon 8400F. It seemed to install OK.

I access it via Photoshop Elements 6, where I do File > Import > SilverFast (Canon SDK-SE). No problem.

I scanned a print, and it seems to work just fine (although there's a huge watermark; no mention of that when the web site said it was "fully functional"). Whatever, I'm just testing before buying.

But there is no sign of the Multiscan feature. I checked all of the features and drop-downs and everything, but I could not find a place to specify Multiscan. This is the main reason why I'm interested in SilverFast, but I can't figure out how to test it!

What am I missing?

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: 8400F demo verison; where's the multiscan?

Postby LSI_Morales » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Dear blork,

blork wrote:(although there's a huge watermark; no mention of that when the web site said it was "fully functional").

Well the software and its features are fully functional, only the resulting images will have a watermark of our company accross the image.

blork wrote:I checked all of the features and drop-downs and everything, but I could not find a place to specify Multiscan. This is the main reason why I'm interested in SilverFast, but I can't figure out how to test it!

What am I missing?

Have you checked the tools located at the left side of the preview window?

There should be a button that looks like this:

Multi_Exposure.png
Multi Exposure button
Multi_Exposure.png (7.1 KiB) Viewed 2344 times

If you press the button, you will see how a number 2 will appear which indicates the option is on and the number of scans.

Cheers
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Return to “Canon”