Pre-sales question about Lightroom and Silverfast

General topics about SilverFast

Moderator: LSI_Moeller

Pre-sales question about Lightroom and Silverfast

Postby fpowledge » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Does Silverfast work smoothly (or any other way) with Lightroom? Thanks. -Fred Powledge
fpowledge
Visitor

Re: Pre-sales question about Lightroom and Silverfast

Postby LSI_Morales » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:45 am

Dear fpowledge,

SilverFast was not created to work as a plugin with Lightroom. We have not tested this option yet, however you might want to try the demo version of SilverFast to see if the photoshop plugin integrates well with Lightroom. If it does not, do not be disappointed, you can make all your scanns using the SF_Universal Launcher in 48 bit HDR mode saving your pictures as raw TIFF files. You can then try opening these in Lightroom.

Cheers
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing
LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby fpowledge » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Dear Alejandro,

Thanks for the quick response. Which demo should I first download and try out? The 48-bit HDR version or "Silverfast for scanners"? Or can "Silverfast for scanners" also incorporate 48-bit HDR work? I have an Epson Perfection V500, by the way. Also, I am not wedded to Photoshop, except for its Lightroom cousin; I much prefer to use Paint Shop Pro X2 for my basic photo finishing, though I can accomplish just about all I need with Lightroom alone. Not all my work is shot in RAW mode, although some is. My immediate need is software to help me move decades of 35mm slides and negatives into digital format for long-term storage, and to do it elegantly. Thanks again.
--Fred Powledge.
fpowledge
Visitor

Postby LSI_Morales » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:50 am

Dear Fred,

You should download and test the demo version of SilverFast for scanners, either SE or Ai, this incorporates an option to scan in 48 bits HDR and create raw TIFF files.
It is not mandatory to have photoshop installed, that version works as a standalone as well.

Best
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing
LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Return to About SilverFast