Reflecta CrystalScan 7200 with SF 6.6.0r2 SE hangs

All the problems with other film scanners

Moderator: LSI_Ketelhohn

Reflecta CrystalScan 7200 with SF 6.6.0r2 SE hangs

Postby cassadybc » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:30 am

Hello,

I got myself a Reflecta CrystalScan 7200 that came bundled with Silverfast 6.5 SE and was happy with it for a while.
Now heres what happens. The first few scans run through smoothly (taking about 3 min per scan), next scan takes at least 20 min. if it finishes at all. Sometimes the Software simply crashes. While doing the scan the scanner works in a kind of "interrupted" mode, sounds like it scans part of the negative then stops then starts scanning again and so on. When it finally stops scanning the software takes a long time to finish error correction.

I upgraded all related software but that did not change anything.

I am running Windows XP SP3 with current patchlevel, Silverfast Version 6.6.0r2 SE, Cyberview 1.18, Firmware 1.03, Scanner USB-attached. Its a Dual-Core 3.00 GHz System with 2 GB RAM, should be sufficient from my point of view.

Hope you can help me on this one.
cassadybc
Visitor

Re: Reflecta CrystalScan 7200 with SF 6.6.0r2 SE hangs

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 am

Dear cassadybc,

this sounds a little like a hardware problem. The scanning process itself is not guided by SilverFast. The software only waits for the result.
Did you test the scanner on a different computer?

For further help I would ask you to contact us through our support assistant. It will guide you to a support form.

kind regards
Arne Ketelhohn
LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Return to Other