Installing 6.0.1d16

All the problems with PIE film scanners only
nmoss
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Installing 6.0.1d16

Postby nmoss » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:32 pm

Just a note to say that I have filed a technical report to say that this new release of the Win98-Twain for the P1800 will not install on my system. All other versions have had no installation problems. Anybody else having trouble?
NMoss

LSI_Support
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Support » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:13 pm

What happens during your installation?

nmoss
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby nmoss » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:34 pm

It's been a while since I tried to install but I documented the entire sequence on October 11th in my message to the service site. Anyway, I remember that the installation terminates very early with network error 1316 and the message that it cannot access the silverfast???.msi installation file. I wondered if it was related to my wireless network so I disabled that and tried again but still the same error. I have downloaded it a couple of times but still the same problem. On a couple of occasions the installtion continued despite the error message but then stopped with another error, "the file in question (.msi) is being used by another process." I read in the FAQs that such errors can be avoided by renaming the exe installation file to a zip file. This didn't work either (it doesn't appear to be a zip file!). I am now waiting for the next release to see if things improve. This is the fiest time that Silverfast has failed to install on this computer.
(twain with Win98SE and ~367 mB)
NMoss

LSI_Support
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Support » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:43 am

There must have been a mistake in the SilverFast installer of that version. By now there should be a newer Version on our website.

Return to “PIE”