UMAX 180

All the problems with other film scanners

Moderator: LSI_Ketelhohn

lyubomir
Visitor

UMAX 180

Postby lyubomir » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:31 pm

I have Umax 180 film scanner since august 2003.
Neither Silverfast Ai 5.5 nor the one 6.02 or2 I currently use give me acceptable results. I do not find the Silverfast Ai being a friendly program which can be summaries in:
1. Different colour corrections each time I start Silverfast Ai 5.5.
2. Blocking the program in batch mode. (Silverfast Ai 5.5)
3. Blocking the program after scanning each stripe (6 photos in my case) after which I have to restart the Photoshop & Silverfast Ai-plugin. (with 6.02 version)
4. Transport of the film only half frame which needs to move to the next frame in at least two steps. (with 6.02 version)
5. Other improvements seem to be useful in ver. 6.2, but this never give me chance to check the batch scan.
I really express my upsets about the scanner and the program.
lyubomir

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:03 pm

Dear lyubomir

for a support request, especially for one which shall trigger an entry into our bug database, please update to the latest version of SilverFast for your scanner, check if the error still persists, then send an error description with supporting screenshots and the SF_Logfile pasted into your problem report => http://www.silverfast.com/problemreport/en.html

Thanks for your co-operation =)
Sonny
Last edited by LSI_Noack on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lyubomir
Visitor

Postby lyubomir » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:22 pm

LSI_Noack wrote:Dear lyubomir

for a support request, especially for one which shall trigger an entry into our bug database, please update to the latest version of SilverFast for your scanner, check if the error still persists, then send an error description with supporting screenshots and the SF_Logfile attached to your mail to http://www.silverfast.com/problemreport/en.html .

Thanks for your co-operation =)
Sonny

Dear Sonny,

I have updated to the latest version of SilverFast Ai– ver 6.2.Or6 but anyway some of the bugs, I have mentioned before, still persist in it:
1. Block of the program after scanning each stripe (6 photos in my case). I have to restart the Photoshop & Silverfast Ai-plug-in to resume the scanning.
2. Transport of the film only half frame which needs to move to the next frame in at least two steps.

I do not know whether these malfunctions are due to the software or something else.

Thanks for your attention.

Lyubomir

lyubomir
Visitor

UMAX 180

Postby lyubomir » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:36 pm

Dear Sonny,

I have updated to the latest version of SilverFast Ai? ver 6.2.Or6 but anyway some of the bugs, I have mentioned before, still persist in it:
1. Block of the program after scanning each stripe (6 photos in my case). I have to restart the Photoshop & Silverfast Ai-plug-in to resume the scanning.
2. Transport of the film only half frame which needs to move to the next frame in at least two steps.

I do not know whether these malfunctions are due to the software or something else.

Thanks for your attention.

Lyubomir

President_LSI
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

SilverFast PL180 Productivity

Postby President_LSI » Sun May 09, 2004 8:16 pm

SilverFast PL180 Productivity

Dear Lyubomir,

our support will investigate your issues more thoroughly. In the meantime here is the instruction, how to have the SilverFast Ai Plug-in come up again automatically after a scan has been done!

Check the appropriate field under -->Option -->General
"Reopen SF after Scan"

general

best regards

Karl-Heinz Zahorsky

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Wed May 12, 2004 1:55 pm

Dear lyubomir

recent tests verified your claim (though for Windows 9x only).
Of course it shall be solved in a future version of SilverFast.
As soon as I learn that the filmstrip problem is eliminated, I will inform you on which version the fix had been implemented.

Thank you for you kind understanding,
Sonny Noack

Return to “Other”