Film strip positioning tool with Reflecta ProScan 3600

All the problems with other film scanners

Moderator: LSI_Ketelhohn

Manfred
Visitor

Film strip positioning tool with Reflecta ProScan 3600

Postby Manfred » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:56 pm

Hi!

The named tool works very bad. Sometimes a click has no effect, sometimes the deajusted film moves 2 or 3 milimeters. In fact I have to click 4-7 times until the film is positioned more or less correctly. It takes more time to position the strip then to scan all the pictures of one strip. And I have to play this bad game with nearly every strip, I do insert into the scanner.

Is there a solution in work? or am I the only one with this problem?

best regards,
Manfred

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:35 am

Dear Manfred

how the film stripset positioning / film offset adjustment tool works depends on where you click in the preview.
You also want to explore that there are two possibilities: the normal click (to check the start of offset) and the shift-click (to check the end of it).

Which version of SilverFast do you use?
On which platform?

Manfred
Visitor

Postby Manfred » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:39 am

Hello!

I'm using release 6.2.1r1
OS is Win2000, host application is PS 7.1

In normal cases there is a black/grey bar on the left side of the first prescanned picture of the strip.
I do position the base of the arrow near to the right side inside of that bar and do a left-click.
Then starts a new prescan automatically, but very often the film has the same position as before. Then I do a click 1 od 2 mm's more to the left or right, and the same procedure beginns, sometimes with a mor ore less small effect. In this way I try to reach the target step by step. At the end there are small black/grey bars at the left and right side of the picture.
What I want to have is, that I can reposition the strip with only one click, not with 4 or 5, each including a prescan :roll:

btw: I tried to update to version 6.2.2r1, but the setup fails with an error in file Silverfast(AFL).8ba. For this have a look at topic http://www.silverfast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3018 :)

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:29 am

Dear Manfred

thank you for your swift reply.
As soon as the download is fixed, please check out the version.

However, if the problem persists, please contact LaserSoft Imaging support staff:
http://www.silverfast.com/problemreport/en.html

We shall need a fresh copy of the SF_Logfile in the problem report (can be copy-pasted into the report form).
Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Manfred
Visitor

Postby Manfred » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:04 pm

Hello!

Thanks for your support.
I'll try out the fixed version and tell you whow it works.
And ok, next time I'll go the other way to contact you :)
Best regards,
Manfred

Return to “Other”