Scanned image doesn't match prescan marquee

Problems with OSX and Jaguar

Moderator: LSI_Luebker

stamper
Visitor

Scanned image doesn't match prescan marquee

Postby stamper » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:57 am

When I use SF App in OS X and prescan the image by drawing the marquee, I get a different result in the final scan.
ie: if I scan a business card by drawing the marquee box around the card after a prescan, the final scanned image does NOT match the marquee, the scan is shifted, cutting off part of the image and picking up some of the background that was not in my marquee. However, when I use the SF App in OS 9 it works FINE, the scan is EXACTLY what I drew the marquee around! Any suggestions? :roll:

LSI_Support
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Support » Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:27 pm

Please contact support@silverfast.de

LeRoy
Visitor

Scan shift

Postby LeRoy » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:30 pm

I have the same problem as Stamper, with a Umax PowerLook 2100XL scanner with SF 6.0.2r.39 running on Mac OS 10.2.6. The image jumps about 3/4 inch in the direction of scan. The only workaround I have is to marquee a larger area than the final scan and crop later. Has a fix for this bug been found?

LeRoy
Visitor

Postby LeRoy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:35 pm

I finally fixed this bug on the Umax 2100, with no help from tech support. They never answered my direct queries. But anyway, this is a SCSI scanner, and SF does not work directly with it. I use a Microtech FireWire-to-SCSI adapter, with internal termination in the scanner turned on. Turns out this is not enough termination. I plugged an APS external terminator into the chain. The scans don't shift anymore! Try using a terminator.

Return to “OSX - JAGUAR Problems”