How to install Twain plugin into OSX?

Problems with OSX and Jaguar

Moderator: LSI_Luebker

BobC
Visitor

How to install Twain plugin into OSX?

Postby BobC » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:10 am

I downloaded Agfa F40 Twain plug-in demo from this site. There is an info about supported platforms containing MacOS 9, Mac OS X 10.1 and MacOS X 10.2. However, the installer is only for OS9. How could I get the plug in to work in OS X?

LSI_Belli
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Belli » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:38 am

Dear Bob,

SilverFast does not support the TWAIN interface under OSX.

However, you do not need Photoshop to run the SilverFast plug-in: just use the SF_Launcher (latest version of SF_App):

http://www.silverfast.com/show/sfapp/en.html

Thomas

BobC
Visitor

Still can't get it to work

Postby BobC » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:03 pm

Hi,
thanks for an explanation. I thought that I'm an advanced user but it's probably not true - I can't still get it to work. Could you please explain for me step by step installation process of SilverFast + Agfa F40 on OSX?
I downloaded the Agfa Photoshop plugin, and the SF_App which you mentioned. It asks me for selecting plugin folder, but I have no idea which one to select?! I tried:
    /System Folder (MacOS 9)/Preferences/Twain - which was the install location of the installer
    /Adobe Phosthop 7/Plug-ins/Import Export
    and couple of ophers

Unfortunately, still no luck :(

LSI_Belli
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Belli » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:38 pm

When you launch the SilverFast installer for your Agfa scanner (not SF_Launcher), you are asked to choose under which version of Photoshop you are going to use SilverFast. Select the appropriate one (in my case: "Adobe Photoshop 7 on Mac 10.2.6".

The SilverFast plug-in and a installer_logfile are then installed in the correponding folder e.g. "Applications / Adobe PS7 / Pug-ins / Import-Export"

SF_Launcher and a link to your plug-in are also installed in "Applications / SilverFast Applications".

You just need now to click on the SF_Launcher, and then select the SilverFast plug-in.

Good luck.

Thomas

PS: the installer_logfile tells you which files were installed.

BobC
Visitor

downloaded file

Postby BobC » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:11 pm

Hi,
still no luck. File I downloaded is SFTWE-6.0.2d39(Agfa). It was from the page http://www.silverfast.com/sf-download/339/demo/en.html
However, after starting up installer it says that it goes tp System Folder:Preferences:TWAIN

LSI_Belli
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Belli » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:50 pm

You need the Photoshop plug-in, not the Twain one.
Tom

BobC
Visitor

Great

Postby BobC » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:07 pm

Hi,
my fault from the begining.
Thanks

Return to “OSX - JAGUAR Problems”