SilverFast 8 Batch Scan/ ADF Scan

All the problems with Nikon film scanners

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: SilverFast 8 Batch Scan/ ADF Scan

Postby LSI_Morales » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Marek

marekv wrote:I'd like to add my vote for batch scanning, definitely including the file naming/numbering mechanisms from 6.x.

Vote has been counted.

marekv wrote:a) To be able to specify which slides I want to scan; with a Reflecta DigitDia with a 100-slide magazine "scan all" is simply not an option; I also do not have the time to start a prescan, then come back and manually click to select, then go away for the "real" scan

The tool to allow you configure the slides to scan similar to that of SilverFast 6.X is being created and probably in a month or two will be on your hands.
However version r5 you already have an enhanced version of the overview tool, you will find a new button to tell how many pictures you want to scan and then per mouse click select or deselect the pictures to scan (without the need of a preview). I know it is not perfect but it lets you perform the desired task

marekv wrote:b) To reflect the slide tray numbers into the file names, instead of just having a 1,2,3... numbering

That is another feature which will be implemented in future versions of SilverFast. Probably not at the same time with the previous one but it's re-introduction is already planned.

Cheers
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

allanrd
Visitor
Scanner: Epson perfection 3200 photo
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby allanrd » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:31 pm

So I assume after reading these post that sequential numbering in batch mode is not
a feature of the software.

I just can not believe that this would not be an easy addition.

Allan

lsteyn
Visitor
Scanner: Nikon LS4000 / SF200
SilverFast Product: Ai

Postby lsteyn » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:44 am

True batch mode is not available for the Nikon LS4000 I'm using. It was in earlier releases. The current functionality that will allow you to do multiple scans utilizes the ADF function. This does not allow for unique sequential file name assignment.

waynecw
Visitor
Scanner: Epson Perfection V700 Photo
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

Postby waynecw » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:10 am

Though I doubt so they really counting the vote, but I do want to highlight and agree that how disappointed I was after the upgrade. Batch custom naming is such a simple basic requirement and they took it out in their so-call "latest" version.

Half year since last purchase and this is still missing, probably it won't come anymore.

Don't upgrade to version 8, 6.6 is more than sufficient.

Filou
SilverFast Beginner
Scanner: Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED & Epson 750 Pro & Nikon 9000 in test
SilverFast Product: Archive Suite
SilverFast Version: 6.6

Postby Filou » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Hello Everybody,
I'd like to add my two pennies on batch and ADF issues. With SF6 hdr it is conveniently possible to batch treat series of files that have been acquire with a scanner separately. The job manager (JM) allows you to preview each image, adjust all necessary parameters related to that files, and toggle to the next file. When everything is defined, run the task and do something else. Nice. The JM allows you to define the parameters for ONE file and transfer them to many or even all the file present in the JM window. Very Nice.

New version of the SF, new series of problems to solve. With the JM of SF8r17, some parameters are not transferred at all, like those related to NegaFix. File size, output folder, iSRD, and many other parameters seem to be transferred properly with the provided "copy" and "paste" mechanism, but not NegaFix. At least, SF8 warns you somehow that something is wrong, the preview thumbnail in the JM remains a negative image even though the User attempted to transfer some NegaFix parameters.

Thank you for some help on this issue.
Kind regards, Philippe

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Dear Philippe,

The issue regarding NegaFix is currently addressed by our developers.
This will be fixed in an upcoming update.
This is currently the only issue regarding parameter transfer we know off.
Please tell us if you note anything else.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

wstinson
Visitor
Scanner: epson perfection 4990
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby wstinson » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Still waiting for this important batching numbering feature which was available in version 6. Very disappointing to have to wait so long. I purchased ver8 but am still using 6 and waiting, waiting, waiting.....

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:33 am

Dear customer,

Batch scanning and numbering is available for some time now.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “Nikon”