General topics about imaging

christianmic
Visitor
Scanner: REFLECTA RPS 10M
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

BATCH Overview pre scan -> changes - > scan

Postby christianmic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello,
I have a reflecta rps10M and silverfish AI studio 8.8 (latest version), in order to scan all my frames (a roll), working a while with this software I can't figure if I'm using it in the correct way.

Here is my workflow:
1) click overview, here the scanner at the beginning do a count of all the frames), then do a prescan (very slow)
2) chose the frames to be processed, and import them in job manager
3) now, if I want to do some adjustments on every frames, I have to double click on every frame
*here I think is the problem: the scanner do a prescan for every frame another time.... why?
4) click batch scan (on top menu), the frames will be scanned with settings? correct?

Thanks

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: BATCH Overview pre scan -> changes - > scan

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 pm

Dear user,

The Overview only creates small thumbnails for selecting the images. Working in the JobManager creates actual higher resolution previews.

kind regards,
Arne

christianmic
Visitor
Scanner: REFLECTA RPS 10M
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby christianmic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Does it possible to speed the higher resolution previews process? maybe lowering the resolution?

Os maybe is it possible when I select Overview to cycle the full film only one time? (In this moment, when I click on overview, Silverfast cycle the film one time counting the numbers of frames, the, it starts to creates small thumbnails, then I have to add them on job manager and job manager rescan previews), then I have to select them another time to make a full resolution scan... Thanks

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm

currently it is not possible to adjust the overview process. But I have forwarded your request to our product management.

Kind regards,
Arne

Return to “Imaging in general”