REcognition of Image Rotation Information Stored in JPEG

SilverFast DCPro (digital camera)

ilyons
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby ilyons » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:47 pm

Tom Wheeler wrote:I can now verify that the latest version of DCPro (610r5) does NOT rotate Canon EOS 10D RAW image format files. These RAW image files do appear in the Overview Window when a folder containing them is selected in the Navigator (which is more than I can say for Photoshop 7.0 where the RAW image files do not even appear in the File Browser view) but vertical RAW image files are not rotated. A full screen preview image takes about 7-10 seconds to appear on my screen (1.8 GHZ pentium 4 with 1 GB of RAM) which does not appear to be an excessive amount of time. I have no problems with vertical images, although not rotated, disappearing a few seconds after selecting them.

Tom Wheeler

Tom,

PS7 predates the Canon 10D so Adobe had no way of handling the raw files. It is Adobe Camera Raw that currently enables File Browser to preview D30 and D60 images. Unfortunately the 10D came along too late to be included. Photoshop CS (V8) not only reads 10D raw files but it auto rotates them, etc. The is NO reason that LaserSoft couldn't have incorporated this feature from day one.
Ian Lyons
http://www.computer-darkroom.com

Tom Wheeler
SilverFast Beginner

Postby Tom Wheeler » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:54 am

Ian,

Yes, I understand this is why Photoshop 7.0 does not read Canon EOS 10D files. However, it is great news to hear that Photoshop CS (due out in November) will read and rotate Canon RAW image files. I have deliberately avoided installing the Canon software supplied with my EOS 10D which will open and rotate Canon EOS 10D files because of many reports that it is incredibly slow. Thanks for the info on Photoshop CS.

Tom

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:22 am

Raw image "auto rotation" will be included in 610r6.
We discovered some bugs in the Mac 610r5 version after releasing the version. Expect a revised version shortly.

ilyons
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby ilyons » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:44 pm

LSI_Ralf wrote:Raw image "auto rotation" will be included in 610r6.
We discovered some bugs in the Mac 610r5 version after releasing the version. Expect a revised version shortly.

Ralf,

Thanks for the update

Ian
Ian Lyons

http://www.computer-darkroom.com

summer68
Visitor
SilverFast Product: SE Plus
SilverFast Version: 5.5

Re: REcognition of Image Rotation Information Stored in JPEG

Postby summer68 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:19 am

hi ,

I have tried the latest version of DCPro . image rotates at good a condition .
as for my own habit ,I usually compress images and save them as .TIFF instead of JPEG .TIFF is a popular format for high color-depth images,which provides large storage than other image file format.

regards.

Return to “DCPro (digital camera)”